Well, after 30 years of absolutely no exercising whatesoever I have turned over a new leaf. Help me pray that I can keep it up. I joined the Y last week and actually started going. Back in College... before 1979, I actually "worked" at a Gym (they were called Spa's back then.) But, I was blessed with a great metabolism and good health and therefore didnt feel the "need" to workout. But, since I crossed over the 50's hill things have slowed down and I started feeling pretty miserable.
So I am happy to announce that in the past 7 days I have walked 11 miles!!! And, I just signed up to walk the "Great Strides 5K" sponsored by Lee University for Cystic Fibrosis on March 27th. It's a start and I hope to start feeling stronger and healthier after the soreness and tiredness wears off. haha. I won't get a medal (like Fred always does) but I will get a Tshirt!
Congratulations Shirley - that is so amazing! You should be soo proud! I really want to get a gym membership here - but they're so expensive. Once we get on Broadway we'll have to get one:)
ReplyDeleteI am SOOOO proud of you MOM!
ReplyDeleteThat is amazing! 11 miles!
You will definitely feel a difference.
love you and excited about your Shirt!
Maybe this christmas you should make a blanket out of the races you and dad have BOTH done this year! = that'd be awesome!