January went out with a blast ~ of snow, that is. We got the biggest snow I've seen since moving back to Tennessee in 1996. It was beautiful up on the top of the hill even if I couldn't get down for a couple of days.
Fred was in Ft. Lauderdale and Marissa and Kevin and Ella were snowed in as well so I had a very very quiet two days at the house. I worked on income taxes and websites for whitney and nathan and had plenty to do though. I sat my computer up by the breakfast room window which looks out into the backyard which was a Winter Wonderland.
That picture was so pretty I actually made a blog background out of it. I love the little bird! The poor little birds were swarming all over my bird feeders but they were frozen and covered with ice and snow. After many attempts to get out my back porch door, which was stuck in about 6 inches in snow, I finally waded out in the snow to put bird seed out. I enjoyed the rest of the day as many many birds came to feast!
I have four red cardinals that come every day. This is the female below. The female birds are not as bright colored and beautiful as their male counterparts. Her husband comes every day also and he is really beautiful. He wouldn't be still long enough for me to take his picture though... just like a man!
On Sunday morning I finally braved the icy roads and came down the hill to see my Ella Rose. It was almost funny, there were at least 15 cars parked in the strangest places all over the road going down. Two were on the sharp curve by the humongous new house and I saw these three who evidently gave up on getting home Friday night and just ditched theirs cars and walked up the hill.
In the middle of all this snow we have had the pleasure of having Sarah, Alex, and Gabriel in town. Due to the weather I havent gotten to see them as much as I would have liked but I did manage to snap a few pictures of Gabriel at the office this past Friday.

He is just a little doll. Extremely bright and alert for just a few weeks old! Here he is already flirting with the women.
Alex had to go back to work, but It has been great to have Sarah and Gabriel home the past couple of weeks. We hope to get to see more of them when they move to Nashville!


I love this blog!
ReplyDeleteIt is filled with beauty!
The snow is soo gorgeous. We haven't had any snow up here. It's almost too cold for snow...ugh.
Gabriel is SO handsome and already has such a personality!
And those birds are SO gorgeous! What great company to have while the rest of the family was snowed in!
loved this blog!