Monday, February 15, 2010
The Invention of Lying
Don't you just hate when movies have a hidden agenda. Last night we watched the movie "The Invention of Lying." It was a "little" funny at first noticing all the "truth-telling" and realizing that most of what we say during the course of a day may not be exactly "truthful." Such as "How are you -- I'm fine, etc.." type conversation. But, as this movie progresses it becomes blatantly obvious that there was a huge agenda in writing and producing this film. It slowly becomes extremely sacrilegious but it does it in the way you lure someone into a situation that they are not aware of until it's too late. Like how you make frog legs or crab, you put it in a luke-warm pot of water and slowly turn up the heat until it boils and cooks the victim. I won't say anymore about this movie so I won't spoil it for you because I do challenge you to watch it. I challenge you to watch it because I feel like it's a test of how far you will let a movie go into your way of thinking. Everyone should keep their eyes and ears open when watching any movie because so many of them lullaby us into a trance it seems and we dont really pay attention to the brain washing that the writers/directors are trying to do in us. I hear way too often of people who say, "oh it wasnt bad, I thought it was funny or cool, or It was just a silly little movie-I dont take things that serious, etc..," when the movie is in total contrast to the life they claim to live or would want their children to grow up in. This movie has really stuck in my mind today and has made me more mad every time I think about it so I had to get it off my chest -- and I'm not lying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment