Well, right after I mention in my last blog about how much I love Shoney's breakfast bar I learn that our Shoney's has closed it's doors after nearly 40 years in Cleveland! What is the likelihood of that happening? So for this month, that makes two of Cleveland's restaurants closing their doors without any warning. The other one, DQ, was my parents favorite restaurant! What's the likelihood of that? According to the newspaper, the employees and managers didn't even know they were shutting down until they showed up for work Monday and saw the sign on the door!
Last year we leased a 2009 Toyota Camry. The World's number one best selling car, best in performance, best in almost all areas... until now. They have recalled almost 7 million cars at last count. Ours was towed in last Friday and has been sitting at the Toyota lot for a week. They have no repair plan and according to the service reps and managers, Toyota is giving them no information to pass along to the customer either. They said Toyota told them that if anyone called about it to "take it with a grain of salt!" Right! So anyway, they finally agreed to give us a loner van until they figure out what to do. We have two years left on this lease! What is the likelihood?
Today, is the second big snow we've had here in Cleveland this winter. On top of Lenox Hills today we got over 4 inches in two hours time! It was downpouring! Right now there is a good 6 inches of snow on my deck.. I can't open the porch door because the snow is too high. Last year we had one big snow. All three times, Fred has been out of town. . . in a place with a beautiful tropical climate. What is the likelihood?
Today, we learned that the cog did some HUGE restructuring this week. Departments were completely removed, people were given notice, among many other changes. We all knew this needed to happen but thought it wouldn't ever be possible, just like how we need to downsize the government and the national debt in the U.S. but it never happens. Today it happened. What is the likelihood?
I guess we need to adopt Obama's slogan since he's not been very successful with it, Change, yes we can!
I can't believe that Toyota is struggling so much! ?? And 6 inches of snow?? What is happening in the world? DQ = that is devastating! LOVE THAT PLACE!!!! What I want to know is --- how are those fish doing in the snow?
ReplyDelete