Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009

2009 Has Come and Gone and Thankfully It Was a Great Year! I was just thinking about where I was this time last year and remembered that we arrived in Phnom Penh, Cambodia just a few minutes before the clock struck 12 to usher in the new year. That was an awesome trip!  We got to spend time with many of our close friends and also with the Belmont Students including our daughter Whitney and her now husband, Nathan.


And, since I didnt start my blog until the summer, I will recap some other big events of 2009.

First, I celebrated my 51st Birthday


Then Whitney gave us her "Senior Recital" at Belmont. There are several videos on Youtube but here is one of my favorite songs from her recital.



Then, in March Whitney and Nathan got engaged and Ella took swimming lessons




Then in April we got to see Whitney and Nathan in a show together "On the Town."
It was Amazing!!




Whitney played the "over-interested " "cougar" so her part was very humorous. Here's one of her scenes.
Sorry, you have to turn up the sound, but her voice is awesome in this clip and you'd never know that she had a very bad cold and had been sick all week. Watch to the end...



Hope you listened to the end, I love her high notes! Nathan was the Star of the Show, however, and played the "lead role."  He was fabulous and I wish I had a video to include of him here as well.



April also included Easter, and I have to include two of my favorite pictures of my girls


Then, in May we went on what is possibly the best trip of my life. We went to China. First, to Bejiing to the Great Wall, the Forbidden City, the Summer Palace, the Olympics Nest, and then to Cambodia and back to Hong Kong. We went with our great friends, Mike & Sandy Forbis. I will never forget this amazing trip!


On Memorial Weekend, Ella got to make her first visit to Granny and Papa's house in Kentucky. She loved playing out in the yard in the Kentucky BlueGrass!


Also in May, Whitney and Nathan graduated from Belmont University! Yay!


And finally in June, we welcomed baby Jones into the family and Fred transformed our backyard into Ella's Playground!



 The rest of June events became my first posts to this blog.  For more pictures, visit my facebook photo albums and for more videos, visit my youtube/sjgarmon page.
Hope to hear from you in 2010 and pray that your year is as wonderful as 2009 has been for us!
Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely incredible blog! Best yet! I had forgotten all that happened in 2009; thanks for the memories. Your design work is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great review! You need to do this type of review for the MWOA...you are really good at this!

    ReplyDelete