Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas in Kentucky





"The holly green, the ivy green
The prettiest picture you've ever seen
Is Christmas in Kentucky
With all of the folks at home"

Okay, so I think Bing Crosby actually sang "Christmas in Killarny" but you get the picture!  Sorry to say that I didnt take a lot of pictures like I usually do. Ella was terribly sick the whole time so it was really hard to enjoy anything because she was so miserable.  There were 18 of us in one house and a good portion of those were sick. We managed to have our usual good time though!

Everyone cramming into one house at Christmas can be trying at times (even though the house is 10,000 sq ft.) but the joy of it all is seeing the great-grandkids have time to play with one another and experience Christmas the way their parents did 20-30 years ago.

Here are some pics of Ella enjoying have two older brothers.






Now you see what it took to get this precious little picture! haha

And more sweet pictures of Ella and her "big brother" cousins





As you can see, Ella has a "baby" with her most of the time. I think she's just like her mother and is going to be a very loving Mommy.  She made sure to check on all the "real" babies as well.  She would walk up to where they were and wave and say "hi." 

Saying "hi" to Jones



Saying "hi" to Gabriel



I must say that Joey the Elf did a great job this year watching all the kids and reporting to Santa. We managed to catch him on Granny's Chandelier one night.



And, I think I agree with his report to Santa.
All of the Kentucky kiddo's were extra special this Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. haha i love that ella said hi to all the babies....that is so precious.

    it is also so cool to see how fletcher and winston are raising these grand kids...its so neat!

    i love this blog!
    we sure did miss you guys this year

    can't wait to see you in a few dayys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are so great! I love Joey the elf - he's sweet!

    ReplyDelete