For some of you who don't know... way back in 1977, one of my dearest friends, Terry Robinson, died in a plane crash at 18-19 years old. His father was flying them home to Ohio from KY (where I'm from) when the plane crashed and killed both of them along with the younger brother who was only 15. Our two families were very close and Terry was my age. Their family pastored one of the largest churches in Ohio during that time. Terry and I used to sit on the piano and organ at our house and he would make up songs and sing riffs and falsetto notes like you've never heard! When he played the organ, his feet would fly on the pedals!
Anyway, he was an amazing musician and songwriter. He had just recorded an album, he wrote all of the songs.. played and sang all of the songs on the album, and he was up for a Dove Award, which he won, but sadly, after his death. I brought all of this up because I was searching around youtube tonight and found that someone has put up some of his songs. Keep in mind that the album and photo etc.. are from 1977. Imagine how incredible he would be at his point had he lived.. He was only 17-18 years old in this album.
No comments:
Post a Comment