Thursday, July 2, 2009

June in Pictures

June was a great month at the Garmon house! I thought I'd share the month in a nutshell with some photos: As you know, I have the honor of planning my youngest daughter's wedding, coming very soon this September. There are so many choices to make, it's mind boggling, but here is a picture of the chapel where the ceremony will take place. This choice was easy because the bride and groom made this choice on Easter weekend. Too bad they are not here to make more choices. . .

Meanwhile, I get this postcard from my husband who is traveling in Germany and France! This is the Neuschwanstein Castle, the one Walt Disney fashioned his Cinderella Castle after. When this trip was originally planned, me and my sister and mom were supposed to go also. Looks like we missed out on this one!!
Of course, while he was gone I did get to go to Hershey Park with my mom and sister to see Whitney and Nathan and that was Super!! We had a blast, as I blogged about earlier. But when we got home, we were met with unusually HOT temperatures for Tennessee this time of year! This was the reading on my back porch one day.So, since it was so hot outside and I am feeling very nostalgic about losing my youngest daughter to a married life of her own, I decided to make a scrapbook for her of her school days. This is the big mess on my breakfast table... for some reason it doesn't look nearly as bad in this photo as it does when you walk into my house.Then, Fred came home and continued with his summer project to make our backyard into "Ella's Garden." Her first Birthday Party will be held here on August 1st so Poppi is working hard to make it extra special and I must say it's looking really great!! You can see more photos on his facebook page.We have learned a few things about Ella this June. One is, that she is JUST like her Nana in her LOVE for Ice. Just give her a cup of ice and she's happy for as long as it lasts! But dont even pretend that you are going to take it away!The other thing you better not take away is my cell phone. Her favorite song is the theme song to the Backyardagains, which I downloaded onto my iphone for her and now that's the first thing she wants when she sees me!On June 24th, a new precious baby was born into our family. Meet my newest great-nephew, Jones Wade Hicks. My niece, Rachel, once again produced a fabulously gorgeous boy!This is sweet Winston holding his little brother. After holding Jones for about 15 minutes his Dad asked if he was tired and did he want him to take the baby to which Winston replied, "I could just stay like this until we have to leave." Yep, Winston is a lovable child! The middle child always is... (had to throw that in) We started the month by having a wonderful birthday party for my Mom and Dad at Teddie's house on June 6th. It was a great day for the whole family! I just love whenever we can all get together, especially when Mom and Dad are there. I am so blessed and Thank God every day that I have such amazing parents and that he has allowed our family to stay together for so long. Mom and Dad get more sharp and "with it" the older they get! I hope and pray I can stay young as long as they have and can keep up with my kids the way they do!I had to add this photo. Looks like Poppi and Ella are two of a kind when it comes to movies and tv! It doesn't take much to intrigue either one of them!

Oh, today I got to meet another new baby, Henry Barks... sounds like a name from a Tom Hanks movie. He was born today, July 2nd, and is truly adorable. He is the son of Jason and Jamie Barks who used to work with us at PCL/MWOA.



There are many more things I just thought of, but this is my life in a nutshell for the month of June! Love to all!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I love all the pictures! I love the pic of dad and ella watching TV...her faces give her away. They crack me up! Love the blog...keep 'em coming!
    (also..thanks for the scrapbook...it's gonna be amazing!)

    whit

    ReplyDelete