Thursday, April 29, 2010

A busy summer ahead

I was just going through my schedule today and realized that a lot is coming up pretty soon.  To begin with, Fred is leaving tomorrow for Africa. You can keep up with him on facebook. Im sure he'll post pictures.

I will be walking the 10K this weekend with my sis and possible my mom. yay! Then I am deciding as we speak if I am going to Nashville for the weekend. I would lvoe to see my niece/nephew/ and great nephew who will be in Nashville preparing for their move. I am so excited that they will be closer to home. 

Then in just a few weeks, on our 28th Anniversary, my husband and I will be going on a wonderful Windstar Cruise to Greece, Istanbul, and other exciting places! I am not one for cruises but this one looks incredible. We are going with our great friends from Memphis. Here's some pics of our cruise in case I dont get to blog while Im on the ship.  (This is our ship below. It only holds 250 people.)





How lucky am I???  I can't believe I'm going on this amazing journey in just a few weeks!

We end the trip with Germany at the Neuschwanstein castle,
where Disney got their inspiration for Cinderella's castle



Then, in July, my husband, sister and I are running/walking the Missoula, Montana 1/2 marathon. It was voted the #1 best in the country.  

If you want to see how long it is and how it looks they have a fast video of the whole track here
http://www.runwildmissoula.org/index.php/fuseaction/courses.halfMarathon.htm.  That video really scares me! Pray that i can do it!!

Then one week after that we go to Denver, Colorado for a business meeting.  This potential donor has a beautiful lodge on the Ski Slopes that has been offered to us for future visits. Hopefully our July meeting will go well!


Then we finish out July with a trip to Orlando, Florida for the COG General Assembly.
Just so you know where I'll be, here's a picture



Early September we have a meeting on the coast of Georgia with a new foundation board that my husband was recently put on. There are 10 board members and their wives and we are all staying in homes owned by the head of the foundation.  It is supposed to be a beautiful place... but I hope I can enjoy it with the baby-watch beginning for our newest granddaughter.


Then, we will settle into our home for the fall and winter enjoying our two sweetie-pie granddaughters!  Well, except that I plan to go back to NYC to visit my daughter and also for my husband to run the NYC marathon in November.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot put into words how jealous I am of you right now! All of this sounds like so much fun, and 28 years is amazing and hope that I will find someone special enough to do the same :) PLEASE take a photo specially for me on the cruise doing something wacky or something haha and maybe if I get in enough shape I can run with Fred in the NYC marathon, but I am just dreaming right now!

    ReplyDelete