Monday, April 26, 2010

The Nashville Half-Marathon

Well, I didnt make the Nashville half-marathon this year.  I had so many obstacles as it approached... 1) I am dealing with terrible shin-splints 2) I went to NYC the week before and got off my training schedule, then returned home sick with a cold/flu for the week of the race, plus 3) I'm dealing with bladder problems etc... and then the final decision-maker was that I found out that I had to finish in 4 hours and I didnt think that was possible at this point. I had only been walking for 2 months... so anyway, hopefully I can get my shins healed and start again soon!I am very proud to report that my sister DID finish the 1/2 marathon (and of course my husband did as well) and received their medal of honor!!  I was hoping that my sister would post some photos on facebook so I could put one on here, but I havent seen any photos yet.  Congratulations to everyone who managed to complete the 13.1 miles in less than 4 hours and I hope that I can do the same someday too!!!

2 comments:

  1. you will get to complete it someday! It is so fun and such a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your head up Shirley you will get it soon :) and I feel you on the shin splints, mine will not go away! PS thanks for the tips on the template!

    ReplyDelete