We have been having so much fun this year with Ella getting ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas! She is really taking in all the sparkly decorations and makes Christmas very magical for all of us! She was at our house when we first put up our Christmas tree and of course we captured some special moments with the camera. First, she has this really funny hat that I had to show you. She looks even more like Kevin in this picture!
Then we started to put up the Christmas Tree
And the sweetest thing you've ever seen... when Poppy got up on the ladder, she went over and held on to his ankles. I guess she's seen Marissa do this for Kevin or more likely Kevin doing this for Marissa or something??? It was so sweet!
Then she evidently has seen me water the plants in the house because she got under the kitchen sink and came over to the tree and tried to water the Christmas tree! Be careful... they learn by watching!
Then, she just stood back and looked at the pretty lights!
By the way, she loves her little house shoes and wants to put them on as soon as she gets to Nana's house... which brings me to another note, we were supposed to be Nana and Poppy but Ella calls us NaaNaa and Peppy. I dont know about NaaNaa but Peppy definately fits Fred! He loves Christmas and always loves to decorate and is quite good at it too. When he gets started I just stay out of his way and wha-la my house looks like a Christmas fairyland! It's wonderful! You are all invited to come visit during the Holdays and enjoy the fruits of his labor!
Ella was very tired after all that decorating!
We miss Whitney terribly this year. It will be the very first time we haven't had her home for Thanksgiving or Christmas and I hope it never happens again! We are so thankful that we have Marissa and Kevin and Ella close by. Marissa had a HUGE Thanksgiving Dinner at her house today for Kevin's mom and grandparents and us and my parents. Her house was decorated so beautiful... with three Christmas Trees and beautiful decorations everywhere and Kevin put lights all along the roof line outside that makes their house look like a gingerbread house. You'll have to drive by if you live in Cleveland.~~
They made the most amazing meal, a huge feast and evidently Marissa got her grandmother's knack for cooking! I had no idea she was such a great cook!! In fact Fred remarked at the table today that the Great Cook "Gene" skipped a generation from Granny to Marissa. Hummmm... Anyway, it was delicious! Kevin deep fried the Turkey and it was amazing. I hope this is a tradition that continues because it was one of the all-time best meals I've eaten and the day was beautiful just being able to sit around and talk and enjoy each others company.
I took some pictures but I used Marissa's camera so she'll have to post them on her blog. I did get a video of Ella with her first Christmas present that her DaDa bought her tonight though. The first part of the video is at Marissa and Kevin's house and the last part is at mine, I just wanted to show you her winter hat at the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment