Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Washington DC


On our third day visitng Whitney and Nathan we decided to drive two hours to our Nation's Capitol, Washington DC. It had to be one of the most beautiful days of the year, around 77 degrees, bright sun, and a cool breeze and there weren't very many visitors except us so that made it easy to get around as well.

After much walking, we decided to take the "hop on - hop off" bus tour.



I had to deal with some "renter" issues while on the bus tour so I went to the front end of the bus so I could hear better and Fred snapped this picture. It looks like I'm trying to pose in front of the capitol faking a call. haha

We visited several of the Smithsonian Museums. They were renovating the American History Museum, which is my favorite, but we still were able to see the flag, ruby slippers, and a few of the first ladies dresses. We also went to the Natural History Museum and saw the Hope Diamond and the dinosaurs etc...
 

But the biggest highlight of the day was our "special" meeting with President Obama! We got this autographed photo because we knew you wouldn't believe that we actually got to see him! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment