Saturday, August 4, 2012

Happy Birthday to my daughter!!

whitsmile25 years ago today I was given the great pleasure of having my second daughter in Gainesville, FL at the University of Florida.  My little Florida Cracker has been one of the most delightful children and now young woman, that a mom could ever hope to have!

I was talking with a friend this week about the troubles they are having with their teenager... and I was trying to encourage them by saying, "that is normal, all children go through those stages when they become teenagers and college age etc," and the whole time in the back of my mind I'm thinking, "but Whitney never did." Hummm, she was so busy between school, church, and the community playhouse, there was no time.  She has always had wisdom beyond her years.  When she was only three years old, I remember thinking, she has more people skills than I do. I could learn a lot from listening to her. She was just born with a way of communicating and showing love that others have to learn.

We also used to laugh because in a house full of "night people," she was a super morning person.  On Saturday mornings when we all wanted to sleep in, she would be up bright and early singing in the kitchen making her scrambled eggs.  I've always thought of her as my little sunshine.  She had long golden hair, creamy skin, huge blue eyes, a big smile, and a cute little giggle. She was truly a bright addition to our family. And she never changed. She is still a bright star and continues to make us so proud to call her our daughter.  What an amazing young woman she has become! I thank God for giving me such an honor to be her mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment