Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sagrada Familia - Church of the Sacred Family

I finally have internet again on my laptop... I have to share this little video from our visit to the Sagrada Familia yesterday in Barcelona, Spain.  This is one of the most amazing Cathedral's I've ever seen. It is gothic architecture to the extreme. Hard to believe this guy came up with this around 1900. The architect, Gaudi, was hit by a train and killed before he was able to finish this masterpiece and they are supposedly still finishing it today. And no, even though this Cathedral is somewhat "gaudy" that is not where the term gaudy came from, even though that would make a great story!


First a few photos:

Screen Shot 2012-05-01 at 3.09.03 AM

fb3-2012-04-30 Barcelona Spain-079

p.s. Our friend, Mike, traveling with us, didn't realize that Fred was filming, but it's funny, this conversation (especially when he starts adding up the money, haha) is EXACTLY what my Dad would be saying if he were there! Maybe that's why we like Mike so much!



I added lots more photos from this trip to the quick album listed in the post below. I will post ALL my photos when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment