Monday, June 21, 2010

Thankful!

Today could have been the worst day of my life but instead it turned out okay in the end.  To make a long story short, my husband called me around 10am at work and said he was hurt terribly bad and there was blood all over our house. I immediately ran out of the office and yelled for Laura to call 911. The EMT and firemen got there the same time I did! They were fantastic!! I was very impressed with them. 

What happened: He was trimming the trees in our backyard and bees swarmed him and he threw the tool he was working with and it slammed into his calf muscle and sliced it to the bone.  I have a picture here if you have a strong stomach, otherwise just take my word that it was terrible. I purposely didnt post it in my post so it doesnt shock anyone.

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy192/blogblings/personal/IMG_2288.jpg

And here is the after picture. He has multiple layers of stitches on the inside and staples on the outside. He is on pain meds and doing well so far.

 I am just very thankful that he didnt pass out from so much blood loss and lose conscienceness. I didnt even know he was working in the yard. He could have laid in the yard in the 100 degree sun and bled to death.  We have known of people who that happened to.  He lost his cell phone during the accident and had to crawl around in the tree limbs and bushes looking for it after he went through the house looking for something to tie off the womb.  Needless to say, our house looked like a crime scene there was so much blood all over the floor. The bad news for him is that he can't run any more marathons this year and after he finally got into the NYC marathon! But we are just thankful that he can run again... next year.

On another note, I am having major surgery tomorrow morning.  It is a total pelvic reconstruction. It seems that three organs are pressing on each other and causing a lot of bladder issues for me. With all of our traveling etc.. it's just gotten too much to handle.  Please remember me in your prayers and during my 4-6 week recovery period I hope to blog much more!

Love to you all!!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU BOTH and The Lord is taking care of both of you!!

    I am SO thankful Dad still has his leg...geez.

    I can't wait to see you in six days!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW thank the Lord for helping the whole situation go as smoothly as it could! Hope the surgery went well and I am thinking of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying for a quick recovery for both of you.

    ReplyDelete