We went to Montana to be with friends... all who are 50ish and were running/walking the Missoula Half-Marathon. Since Fred almost cut his leg off and I had surgery, it ended up being only four of the seven of us that actually completed the it.

This was my first trip to Montana and I was amazed at how incredibly beautiful it was. Wide open spaces and a huge sky. Missoula is surrounded by huge snow covered mountains. It was gorgeous! The shots without people in them were all taken out of the front window of our mini-van... I couldnt get the non-photographers to cooperate well with stopping every time I wanted to "get a good shot!"

This was the first night's 10pm Sunset... taken through the front window.

This is our group of seven minus Fred.. who took the picture!

Saturday, before the race, my sister turned 55. It was funny that we happened to start the day with breakfast at Perkins and she got to order off the SENIOR menu!
Many places celebrated "The Last Stand" or the "Battle of Big Littlehorn" and had photos/images of Custer and Sitting Bull.This is the view flying into the city
There was a really cool restaurant in Missoula - The Finn & Porter at the Double-Tree Inn. You can watch the inner-tubers, fly-fishermen, rafters, and the crazy people who were diving from the bridge from the huge wall of windows across the back overlooking the river!Just wanted to end with how proud I am of my big sister for completing her second 1/2 marathon this year!
Pretty good for someone who orders off the SENIOR menu!
No comments:
Post a Comment