I decided to replace all of the artwork in the house with "original works of art." I have found some beautiful art on ebay and at local antique stores and even had a new friend paint one for me totally at her own doing!
Some of you may know that I do have a minor in Art and painted quite a bit back in college days. Both Fred and I love to draw/paint. He is actually much better than I am.
Anyway, this is one of the new original works of art. This one is a watercolor by a man from England that I found on Facebook. His name is Nigel Coe. He is probably the very best watercolorist I have ever seen. It is called "The Betrothed." I have this hanging above my bed and just love the relaxing way it makes me feel! -- and yes, this is an actual photo of my painting!

2013-05-07 coe watercolor 2, a photo by Garmons GPS on Flickr. Here is my bedroom showing the new original painting above the bed. I am extremely pleased with this choice! I may need to add some blue in the room somewhere though.
And here are the new original paintings I had done for the Master Bath. These are hanging over the garden tub.

These are the new paintings I added over my tub in the master bathroom. They are very vibrant and colorful. Must see in person to appreciate! This artist I found on ebay and she is truly amazing. She goes by "Jazzi." These paintings make me happy!!
2013-04-22 lion by becky 2, a photo by Garmons GPS on Flickr.
Anyway, this is the lion that Becky actually did just for me. She decided to compose an entirely new pastel and ink for me. It was the nicest thing that has been done for me for many years, in fact, I dont know if anyone has ever given me something so thoughtful and intimate. What a sweet gift. It made me cry.
On a side note, Becky is the great-granddaughter of the very well known nineteenth century artist, George Hetzel, whose works sell/sold at Soethby's for thousands. She signs her works "Reb Hetzel." She has quite the talent!!!


Shirley....everything is beautiful and the paintings look perfect with your decor!!
ReplyDelete